Internship opportunities can be found under the Internship tab.
The following position is open until filled. (updated 3/11/2020)
OFFICE ASSISTANT - PART-TIME
Summary: The Office Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of administrative duties and clerical tasks in a busy wildlife hospital setting. Duties include communicating with the public and donors, data entry, daily office tasks, and making deposits. This person works closely with the Executive Director and assists with creating correspondence, spreadsheets, and preparing budget reports.
- Daily use of computer - utilizing donor database software, data entry, creating spreadsheets
- Electronic and hard copy filing
- Maintains education calendar, communicates with team regarding programs, creates and tracks invoices
- Places supply orders for clinic staff
- Responds to email inquires regarding patient progress, education requests, and other questions
- Operates office machines, including computers, copier/scanner/fax, multi-line phone system
- Assists Executive Director as needed
Required Education and Work Experience
- BA preferred; a combination of education and experience considered
- Minimum 2 years' experience in administrative support, with specialty in finance a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Google Calendar
- Experience with non-profit donor software systems and QuickBooks, preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Flexible and a self-starter; proactive in recognizing needed tasks
- Excellent people skills; enjoys working in a collaborative environment; a team player
- Strong multi-tasking ability and able to prioritize and balance multiple tasks
- Excellent organizational skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to handle sensitive/confidential information
- Able to work in a humane, responsible, and professional manner
- Knowledge of WA wildlife species and interest in animal welfare
- Positivity and a good sense of humor
Shift days/time is flexible. Some weekend availability, particularly in the summer months, is required.
PTO and Sick Leave available.
Hourly wage - $13.75
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references to Suzanne West, Executive Director via email: suzanne @ sarveywildlife. org